OWN Trust Safeguarding Link Meeting
By Colin Marks, Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy Head Teacher, Orton Wistow Primary School (OWN Trust)
On Wednesday 24th November, the bi-annual OWN Trust Safeguarding Link Meeting took place via Zoom. The meeting was attended by David Perkins (OWN Trust Vice Chair of Trustees), Stuart Mansell (OWN Trust CEO), Colin Marks (Designated Safeguarding Lead at Orton Wistow Primary School), Kirsty Cleworth (Safeguarding Governor at Orton Wistow Primary School), Steph Gilder (Designated Safeguarding Lead at Woodston Primary School) and Julie Stainsby (Designated Safeguarding Lead at Nene Valley Primary School).
The meeting took place to update David Perkins and other governors on the current safeguarding issues, topics, training and monitoring that are taking place across the OWN Trust schools.
The agenda was provided by Colin Marks who also organises the half-termly Designated Safeguarding Lead meetings and bi-annual Trust Safeguarding Link meetings. Topics discussed included:
- Peer-on-peer abuse and the new policy for all schools
- Single Central Record checks carried out in schools
- Low level concerns and how they should be shared with the headteacher who will keep a secure record of these
- Orton Wistow Primary School introducing a half-termly safeguarding newsletter called Spotlight
- Steph Gilder preparing a Domestic Abuse update for all staff
The next OWN Trust Safeguarding Link Meeting will take place in May 2022. Designated Safeguarding Lead meetings will continue each half-term.